Monday 16 June 2014

Initial ideas for Re-Sit task

For my re-sit task I've brainstormed a variety of ideas around art concepts to portray in a video project. For inspiration I looked at a video of artist Ryan Gander.

His unconventional methods of art interested me to make a film with an engaging theme but creative approach.



http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b046s8z4/the-culture-show-20142015-4-ryan-gander-the-art-of-everything

These ideas range from Being abstract to being fables with contemporary themes, cautionary tales and morality.


Tree made of bones with sticks hanging from the bone branches as if they were men being hanged, this idea reflect concepts of nature and death.



Wooden sculpture of a boy playing with a lighter, the wood is damaged by fire reflecting the dangers of being burned.



Wax with cigarette, melting exterior, reflecting the harm of smoking leading to cancer.



Art combining a grown plant life resembling hair, this idea may be too time consuming to achieve.




In glass tank/vivarium rubbish on the bottom and dead fish floating on top reflecting the dangers of polluting the environment and the effects it has on wild life.



Egg shells broken all over a canvas, mother bird reflects a pregnant woman caught in turmoil of contemplating an abortion. However I’m wearing that this may be too sensitive of a subject to portray.



Sculpture of ear blood flowing, music plays but its mute. This idea is somewhat identical to John Cage’s 4’33”.


Sculpture of ear blood flowing, music plays but its mute. This idea is somewhat identical to John Cage’s 4’33”.




Condoms filled with helium like balloons float up to a large balloon on the ceiling resembling sperm trying to reach a fertile egg, a young lad with a toy gun shoots at the balloons reflecting unwanted pregnancies.




Clock and sand timers being broken reflecting a waste of time.




Mirrors being painted over by somebody who’s  hiding their face ashamed of their appearance.



Once I've selected an idea I'll develop the theme into three individual, one minute length videos utilising after effects.

I’ve narrowed down the ideas to; the smoking, the fire safety, the pollution with fish, the balloons/safe sex, the eggs/bird abortion. Tonight I shall give it more thought deciding between which of them to use for my project, I've specifically chosen these examples because of the cautionary messages I hope to convey to my audience.






No comments:

Post a Comment